Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Help! Cant start my cgminer

• Please log in to reply

Spookie

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Spookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So im really new into  mining, i have mined bitcoins with cgminer, but when it comes to scypt i just cant get it running.
As soon as i start my cgminer it crashes.

Here are my settings

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://wdc.epools.org:3334 -u Spookie.9b16 -p xxxxx

Im running window 8, 64 bit
2x saphire 7950 vapor x (cross fire)

Drivers 13.4

AMD-SDK-2.7

Any ideas??

BigDaddyWooWoo

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

BigDaddyWooWoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

So im really new into  mining, i have mined bitcoins with cgminer, but when it comes to scypt i just cant get it running.
As soon as i start my cgminer it crashes.

Here are my settings

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://wdc.epools.org:3334 -u Spookie.9b16 -p xxxxx

Im running window 8, 64 bit
2x saphire 7950 vapor x (cross fire)

Drivers 13.4

AMD-SDK-2.7

Any ideas??

Hey there.  If you are new at mining I would recommend GUIMiner over cgminer.  GUIMiner is really an overlay that uses cgminer as the engine but it's much simpler for a novice to use.  Not a lot of configuration needed.  Here is a link to the thread on BitCoinTalk:

https://bitcointalk....?topic=150331.0

Good luck!

fendlestick

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

fendlestick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Try driver version 13.1 or 12 beta 3.

Purchase Steam Code's with WDC - www.coingas.com

nawazish1

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

nawazish1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I am using 12.3 driver version newer version is crap. I had the same problem one month back when i started. I re-installed the windows and then installed the 12.3 drivers and problems solved.

Sunriselad

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sunriselad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I don't think you need crossfire.

Spookie

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Spookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank everyone for the help.

I bought the computer just 2 weeks ago, i got it for gaming actaully but since i work and study i can only use it like 4-5 hours a day, so im was planing to mine the rest of the day (thats why i have crossfire). So windows and drivers are freshly installed. 

Im far from being a computer geek, i just know basic things and i try to do lots of research on google, but still it gets kinda hard to deal with some thing.
So if i downgrade the dirvers version to 12.3, will it have any efect on gaming quality? and is it absolutely necesary to reinstall windows to downgrade drivers, or just recomendable?

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users