Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

YAC mining with CPU when mining WDC

yac cpu

• Please log in to reply

BigDaddyWooWoo

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

BigDaddyWooWoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

I'll probably get flamed for this but anybody else mine YAC with your idle CPU's while mining WDC?  I figure my CPU's not doing much so what the hey.  I don't make much from it but it's a little something extra.

nerdcustoms

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

nerdcustoms

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 495 posts

I honestly just throw my CPU's on a WDC P2Pool.  It's fun watching the coin come into your wallet every 15 minutes or so.

If you have ever traded with me, please take the time to post a review: http://worldcoinforu...putation-thread

BitJohn

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

BitJohn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I did for a while but it seems to cut out about 60 khs from my GPU's

Did something I say help you out? Please donate WDC: WaeYJ8beCzcptfynPJEmWUCUazue4VQrMC

Mr.V

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Mr.V

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

how much coins were you getting a day with your cpu's and how many kh/s do they run?

BitJohn

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

BitJohn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

how much coins were you getting a day with your cpu's and how many kh/s do they run?

I was getting like 60Kh/s from my cpu and it was sucking about that much away from my GPU's not sure what it translates to in coin.

Did something I say help you out? Please donate WDC: WaeYJ8beCzcptfynPJEmWUCUazue4VQrMC

RaymanJr

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

RaymanJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationFinland

I got 55Kh/s from my CPU (AMD 8150 Eight-Core, 3.6GHz), the downside was that my 2 x 7970 lost total of 400Kh/s when CPU mining were enabled, so I stop such madness immediately and I'll stay in GPU only mining.

WDC: WmVEK8sFawdB1RMKaub8atQhawzcbnS9Fr

energywave

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

energywave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

In Italy electricity is not at all cheap so I'm mining with only my 7970 because CPU sucks more money from electricity than they give to me by mining... I personally would mine with CPU only if, for some reason, I'll not pay electricity.

It could be of help to measure wattage of your PC with and without CPU mining to understand how much watt CPU mining take, then with a calc do some math and you can understand if it's convenient or not.

OLX

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

OLX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

how much kH/s from A10-5800K?

aggster

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

aggster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

In Italy electricity is not at all cheap so I'm mining with only my 7970 because CPU sucks more money from electricity than they give to me by mining... I personally would mine with CPU only if, for some reason, I'll not pay electricity.

It could be of help to measure wattage of your PC with and without CPU mining to understand how much watt CPU mining take, then with a calc do some math and you can understand if it's convenient or not.

how does Italian electricity prices compare to uk

energywave

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

energywave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

In Italy it's complicated. First KW/h of every month have a cost, subsequent ones costs a little more and subsequent ones cost even higher.

This, in theory, is to grand that people that use electricity only for light and essentials services stay cheap

This said I calculated the worst case where I'm using only the third span (the most expensive). In that case I'll pay 0,28€ / KW/h (if I remember correctly).

It would be nice to read about similar calculations in other countries...

• aggster likes this

Kruncha

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Kruncha

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • LocationUK

I mine YAC with my CPU without issues (quad core, set to use 3 of them) as long as your not using ALL resources, all other tasks continue without being affected.

K.

Cryptsy - Trade nearly all known cryptos!

RaymanJr

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

RaymanJr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationFinland

In Italy it's complicated. First KW/h of every month have a cost, subsequent ones costs a little more and subsequent ones cost even higher.

This, in theory, is to grand that people that use electricity only for light and essentials services stay cheap

This said I calculated the worst case where I'm using only the third span (the most expensive). In that case I'll pay 0,28€ / KW/h (if I remember correctly).

It would be nice to read about similar calculations in other countries...

It indeed sounds complicated but make kind of sense. In Finland it's more straight forward, normal household electricity have flat rate consisting of subscriber fee, electricity fee, transfer fee and tax. In my case I pay fixed 7,4 €/month subscriber fee and 0,124€/ KW/h based on consumption, not cheap but nothing to compared your 0.28€ / KW/h, uh !

I mine YAC with my CPU without issues (quad core, set to use 3 of them) as long as your not using ALL resources, all other tasks continue without being affected.

K.

Very valid point ! I don't know why I thrown all cores into mining work, that really hurt overall performance. Today I tested WDC P2Pool mining with 5 CPU threads (out of 8) and it didn't had any impact to GPU performance. CPU mining gives steady 48khash/s, not bad BUT it consumes 110W extra

WDC: WmVEK8sFawdB1RMKaub8atQhawzcbnS9Fr

wheatrich

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

wheatrich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

mine WDC with your CPU when you mine WDC

problem solved

Kruncha

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Kruncha

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • LocationUK

Very valid point ! I don't know why I thrown all cores into mining work, that really hurt overall performance. Today I tested WDC P2Pool mining with 5 CPU threads (out of 8) and it didn't had any impact to GPU performance. CPU mining gives steady 48khash/s, not bad BUT it consumes 110W extra

Yeah, there is the extra power drain, but who knows, It may pay off. I don't judge profitability on that kind of thing - the power used to mine bitcoins at the beginnig-ish made it not greatly profitable if you sold them straight away, but keeping them - wow :D

K.

Cryptsy - Trade nearly all known cryptos!

dman99

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

dman99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

My mining computer is also my main computer, so I leave the CPU free for my usage.

Yacoin doesn't really seem to have much value and I doubt it ever will.  Being only CPU mineable seems great, but this means it's really prone to botnets and the network hashrate will be low.  Just asking for exploitation if you ask me.

Fernandez

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Fernandez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I would rather leave the CPU free than mine YAC. It is quite tough to mine YAC now and the prices are quite shabby. I thought YAC had some future but all the coins released after that killed it.

With 60k you can actually try and mine some coins for fun. Like Doubloons, memecoins etc.

Wbx8Yrak8pxAcryg9NK3R4EKSqESSJCC2Y

MMO_Prez

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

MMO_Prez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

how can I mine wdc wrth my cpu

necrodiety

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

necrodiety

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
Stratum Proxy
http://mining.bitcoin.cz/media/download/mining_proxy.exe
CPU Miner: 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55038.0

You need the cpuminer and the stratum proxy.  First, configure the mining proxy to point to your pool.  It uses json files (open with notepad, configure and save)

Next, run the cpuminer and point it to the proxy. 

Sorry for the links.  Forum software isn't IE 11 compatible.

All tips appreciated:  WUSphknp73LgpPgji4HWtsnyWgv5VFh8ic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yac, cpu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users